Core6 Environmental is currently looking for an entry-level, full-time Environmental Scientist/Biologist to join our team at our head office in Vancouver, BC. Under the guidance and mentorship of our senior consultants, you will expected to provide support on projects with clearly defined objectives and tasks including:
- Construction environmental monitoring projects
- Contaminated site investigation projects
- Contaminated site risk assessment projects
- Data compilation, statistical analysis, and reporting
- Field sampling support
Qualifications and Requirements
- Biological science degree
- College of Applied Biology registration (BIT eligibility)
- Familiarity with BC provincial and Canadian federal environmental acts, regulations, guidance, and protocols
- Field environmental sampling experience an asset
- GIS experience/capability an asset
- Valid Class 5 drivers licence with access to a vehicle
- Strong scientific report writing skills
- Willing to travel and when necessary work overtime to meet project schedules
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness to mentor and be mentored
- Strong time management skills
- Creative-thinker and confident sharing ideas for continuous improvement
Given the nature of the role, it is expected that your time will be divided between the office and field.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and credentials, including salary, paid vacation time, medical and dental benefits, flexible work hours, professional development opportunities, health and safety training, and the opportunity to work directly with some the industry’s most senior and accomplished technical experts and project managers. Core6 Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to submit resumés and letters of introduction, for consideration.
Resumés and Letters of Introduction may be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please included the opportunity title in your email subject line.